
"No one is sure that it's going to happen," said the source, "but it's definitely being talked about. The team is working on the details right now." If RPM does indeed decide to trim its roster from four cars to three, Allmendinger's current sponsors would transfer to the #43 Dodge.
Calls to Richard Petty Motorsports seeking comment were not immediately returned.
Mayfield Trial Date Set: A trial date has been set for Jeremy Mayfield's lawsuit against NASCAR.
U.S. District Judge Graham Mullen has ordered that the jury trial begin on September 13, according to documents filed yesterday. Mayfield is currently suspended from NASCAR competition after a May 9 drug test allegedly revealed high levels of methamphetamine in his system. His suspension was lifted by Mullen last month, but reinstated by the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals last week.
Mayfield is asking for reinstatement to NASCAR, and monetary damages.
#26 Team Out At Roush Fenway: Roush Fenway Racing President Geoff Smith confirmed yesterday that the team’s driver lineup for 2010 has been finalized.
After inking a partial-season sponsorship with Crown Royal for Matt Kenseth’s #17 Ford, Smith said, “Roush Fenway Racing's Sprint Cup driver lineup will see Greg Biffle, Carl Edwards and David Ragan joining Matt Kenseth to round out our four approved entries. We are still hoping to be able to transfer the #26 team intact to Yates Racing, in order to keep everyone employed and racing within the Ford community."
Driver Jamie McMurray is rumored to be talking to Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing about the seat in their #1 Chevrolet next season.
No comments:
Post a Comment