Monday, August 04, 2014

Ambrose Will Do Double Duty At The Glen

Five-time Watkins Glen winner Marcos Ambrose will do double duty this weekend at the famed New York road course. With support from STANLEY, Richard Petty Motorsports will enter Ambrose in the No. 09 STANLEY Racing Ford in Saturday's Nationwide Series Zippo 200. Ambrose is a three-time winner of the event, winning consecutive races from 2008-2010. Ambrose will then compete in his familiar No. 9 STANLEY Racing Ford on Sunday, looking for his third Sprint Cup Series win at the track.

Veteran engineer Scott McDougall will serve as crew chief for Ambrose in Saturday's Nationwide event. The STANLEY Racing Sprint Cup pit crew will also pull double duty with Ambrose and service the Nationwide Series car on Saturday.

"I love going to Watkins Glen and competing there," Ambrose said. "I am really thankful to STANLEY for allowing me the opportunity to race in the Nationwide Series and giving me another opportunity to win there. We have had a good record in this race and at this track. I'd love to win again. It will also give me and my pit crew more time on the track as we hope to sweep the weekend."


Ambrose has four Nationwide Series starts at Watkins Glen and has collected two wins in six Sprint Cup Series races there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment