Thursday, March 14, 2013

Clements Set For Bristol Nationwide Return

Jeremy Clements will return to the seat of the No. 51 NASCAR Nationwide Series Chevrolet this weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway, just days after being reinstated by NASCAR following a racially insensitive comment at Daytona International Speedway last month.

Clements completed an individualized program at the Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sports, overseen by Dr. Richard Lapchick, as part of his requirements for reinstatement to competition.
"I would like to thank NASCAR for their support throughout this entire process,” said Clements in a written statement. “I would like to also thank Dr. Lapchick and his team for their time and the opportunity to help me grow. I have learned a lot and am looking ahead to getting back in the car at Bristol and having a fresh start to the season.
“I am truly grateful to my sponsors who have stood by me, to my fans for their tremendous outpouring of support and to my family and team for their unwavering love and support."
Clements will remain on NASCAR probation until Sept. 13, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment