Friday, February 01, 2008

BREAKING NEWS: Gordon To Run Dodges in 2008 With Gillett Evernham Support

Gillett Evernham Motorsports announced a technical, manufacturing and marketing services agreement with Robby Gordon Motorsports today, meaning that Gordon will drive NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Dodges this season. RGM will use Gillett Evernham Dodge engines beginning in practice next week at Daytonal joining BAM Racing and Petty Enterprises on the list of teams utilizing Gillett Evernham Motorsports engines and technical assistance.

Gordon whose 28th-place finish in owner points was the best of any single-car team in 2007, said, “I feel this agreement with Gillett Evernham Motorsports helps make the learning curve of the COT little bit easier to navigate. I like what they have going on over there and I think both organizations will benefit. As an owner I want to do what is best for my employees and sponsors.

"Ford has been very good to me, and this move is not a reflection on our relationship at all," said Gordon. "Ford was planning on supporting me, and even increasing its engineering support for my program in 2008. However, I felt that I needed to make this move to help put my team in a more stable financial situation in terms of marketing and sponsorship help."

Gordon is involved in Sprint Cup Series testing in California today, at the wheel of a Ford.

No comments:

Post a Comment