Sunday, February 05, 2012

Foyt Released From Houston Hospital


"Super Tex" recuperating.
A.J. Foyt was released from a Houston, TX, hospital Friday, after receiving treatment for an infection following recent knee surgery.

The four-time Indianapolis 500 winner underwent surgery nearly three weeks ago, and had hoped to serve as Grand Marshall of last weekend’s 50th Anniversary Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway. The 77-year old was up and walking almost immediately following surgery, but experienced pain, swelling and an infection in the knee, forcing him to cancel his appearance after being re-admitted to the hospital 10 days ago.

"I guess I'll be watching the race from my hospital room,” said Foyt, the only man to win the Indianapolis 500, Daytona 500, Rolex 24 At Daytona and 24 Hours of Le Mans. “The doctors pulled rank on me, and I hate to admit it, but I think they're right -- this time.”

A spokesperson said Foyt continues to be treated with antibiotics, with a full recovery expected.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:56 PM

    A friend of mine who had BOTH knees replaced (tells ya how old I am) Had the same problem. I wonder if surgical rooms today are as clean as the 'clean rooms' the teams build engines in.

    Get well AJ, we're with ya.

    Doug from NJ

    ReplyDelete