Friday, February 11, 2011

Skinner Signs With Eddie Sharp Racing For Daytona Truck Race

Former NASCAR Camping World Truck Series champion Mike Skinner told Sirius NASCAR Radio’s Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody that he will compete in the season-opening NextEra Energy Resources 250 at Daytona International Speedway in a #45 Eddie Sharp Racing Toyota, with sponsorship from Cushman Utility Vehicles.

Skinner parted company with Randy Moss Motorsports during the offseason and has been scrambling to put together an eleventh-hour package for Daytona.

“It came together late, but it came together,” said Skinner. “We’d like to race here at Daytona and also at Phoenix, then we’ll have a little time to try and put something together for the rest of the season. I’m going to represent the Cushman Brand, and I’m excited about the relationship. Eddie hopes to run fulltime with one truck (to be driven by former ARCA standout Craig Goess), and maybe we can get something together for a second Tundra.

“Eddie Sharp’s a racer,” said Skinner. “He’ll take last $10 out of his pocket to go racing. My first choice is to continue driving a Toyota. I’m the only guy to run every race for them since they arrived in the series. I feel like I helped them get into the sport, and I’m happy to be staying with them.”

Skinner said he currently has no over-the-wall pitcrew for the race, but intends to find one. “There are lots of pit crews hanging around these garages this week, and I’m going to walk around, beg and plead and get someone to help us out. We don’t have a lot of money to spend, but I’ve got a few friends in the garage that I hope will agree to help us out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment