Friday, April 11, 2014

Larson, Dillon Earn Early Darlington Stripes

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series rookies Kyle Larson and Austin Dillon wasted little time earning their inaugural Darlington stripes today, tangling with the Turn Two wall during Opening Round practice.
“Kyle came over and asked, ‘where did you hit?’ said Dillon after his bout with the Darlington SAFER barrier. “I said, `off Turn 2- and he said, `me too!’
“We are just learning, I guess. I felt good into (Turn) 1 and through the middle, (but) I got tight late around the corner. It just carried speed. I hit the wall, but I learned a lot right there. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. 
Larson said his meeting with “The Track Too Tough To Tame” was virtually identical.
“We were talking and it sounded like the exact same thing that (I was) describing. The difference is, I have to get a back-up car out. 
“They said our back-up is just as good as our primary, and we had a really good run before I hit the wall. I’m just learning, I’m (usually) in the wall in 3 and 4, and never off 2. But I killed the wall in 2 (today).
“We will get back out here soon and I’m sure we’ll be fine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment