Monday, May 01, 2006

Good Morning Campers!

It's a glorious, sunny day in beautiful downtown Talladega, Alabama, where the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series has a high noon (ET) date to run yesterday's rained out "Aaron's 499." The forecast calls for sunny skies and highs in the upper 70s, and an amazing number of people have called-in sick to stay and watch it happen. Yesterday, tiny little Talladega was the third-largest city in Alabama, and while it'sot quite as crowded today, my guess is that it's still in the top five.

I'll be here calling the action in Turns 1-2 for MRN Radio, while Marty and Suzy hold down the "Sirius Speedway" fort back home. Hope you can tune in, and I'll talk to you Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:51 AM

    Have a great race there Dave.
    I must confess that I picked up a cheap "other satellite provider" and a prepaid card so I can listen to the race today. The Dallas MRN affiliate isn't carrying the race, Hell we're lucky to get the Cup race when they're on Sunday.

    Forgive me for I have sinned...

    ReplyDelete