Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Manion To Crew Chief For Tommy Baldwin Racing

Tommy Baldwin Racing has hired veteran Kevin "Bono" Manion to serve as crew chief for Michael Annett and the No. 7 Pilot Flying J Chevrolet SS.

With Manion, the team seeks to take the program to the next level, freeing team owner Tommy Baldwin to focus on business and management aspects of the team, rather than serve as both owner and crew chief.
"Our original plan was for me to be the crew chief,” said Baldwin, “but when the opportunity to hire Bono came along, it's the right fit that will allow me to step back from doing both. I can concentrate more on making our business and competition relationships stronger. I can take a look from the top of hill rather than in the trenches."  
Manion said he is excited to make the move to TBR, work with Annett in his rookie season and be part of a team that is more hands-on.
"I'm excited to be on board with TBR and to be back with Tommy,” Manion said. “Our careers have taken us on different paths throughout the years and we've created our own successes, but it's great to be reunited and come full circle. Everyone on the team seems to have so much passion and I'm glad to be a part of it." 
Annett commented on Manion's appointment, saying, "I'm excited to have Bono as my crew chief. He brings a wealth of knowledge, experience and winning resume with him to TBR. I have a great amount of respect and friendship with Bono and can't wait to get to Daytona and kick off the 2014 season with him. Bono being hired by TBR is a great testament of Tommy's leadership ability and surrounding this company with the talent Bono brings to the team. We have some great things ahead of us and I'm excited where this organization is headed. I am grateful to have Pilot Flying J, and all our TBR partners support and on board for my rookie season in the Sprint Cup season." 
Manion will hit the ground running, as he prepares the team for its Daytona 500 start in February with scheduled test sessions at Talladega Superspeedway on February 5th and 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment