Friday, June 13, 2014

Oops! Earnhardt Leaves Newman Standed At Airport

Ryan Newman’s race weekend is off to a rocky start, after being left at the airport this morning by fellow driver Dale Earnhardt, Jr.

“I still don’t know where he’s at,” admitted Earnhardt is his weekly Friday media briefing at Michigan International Speedway. “Tuesday, (Ryan) asked me if he could get a ride to the race track, which is common for drivers to do. We were leaving at 8:30 a.m.; that is what it said on my calendar.  (But) since Tuesday, we have added some media (obligations) to this morning and did a couple of things out front (with fans). 

“My PR guy, Mike Hoag, moved take-off time to 8:00 a.m., but I didn’t know about it. When I got up this morning, I didn’t look at the clock, I just got in the shower, went downstairs, got in the car, drove to the airport and got on the plane. 

“I forgot about Ryan,” he admitted Earnhardt. “Even if we were taking off at 8:30 a.m. and he wasn’t there, I probably would have left him. He should have texted me last night, (but) I think he got a ride.”

Earnhardt said he has spoken with Newman this morning to apologize for the mixup.


“He said, ‘I should have texted last night,’” laughed Earnhardt. “It was unfortunate for sure, but it happens.”

3 comments:

  1. I guess not every one can have their OWN plane. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you read the initial column about this Whatamimissing, you what have seen that Newman has is own plane that his wife and kids were going to use the next day to fly up to Michigan. As Moody would tell you "Admit you're not a Jr fan"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't read the original column and I didn't know that he had his own plane. My apologies. As far as Jr goes, I'm not a fan and nor do I have to be, but I'm not a hater.

      Delete