Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Kyle On Media Reports: “It’s The Wrong Brother”

"I think it's stupid..."
Kyle Busch said yesterday that he is bothered by erroneous media reports linking him with a domestic assault allegation involving his brother.

Former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Kurt Busch – older brother of Kyle – faces possible domestic violence charges after former girlfriend Patricia Driscoll accused him of slamming her head against the wall of his motorhome at Dover International Speedway in late September. A handful of media commentators – including ESPN2’s Keith Olbermann – have misidentified Kurt Busch as his brother in on-air reports.

''I think it's stupid,” said Kyle Busch on the opening day of NASCAR’s annual preseason media tour. “I think people need to do a little bit more background before they write names or say names if they don't know what the heck they are talking about.

''It's not that hard to differentiate between two people that have the same last name. I think people need to do a better job and not be so slackish.''

Busch said he has not spoken to his brother about the case, and has no plans to.

''(I) haven't spoken to him, don't know nothing, trying to stay away from it all and let him handle his business.”
He said the media reports have not created issues for his sponsor, M&Ms.

''It hasn't been bothersome from a sponsorship standpoint yet, that I know of,'' he said. ''(But) I know it could be if it continues. I think the relationship I have with the Mars family is far beyond that, hopefully.''


No comments:

Post a Comment