Monday, March 02, 2015

Report: Busch Begins Road To Reinstatement

Kurt Busch has taken the first step on his road to reinstatement to NASCAR.

Busch was suspended indefinitely by the sanctioning body on Feb. 20, after a Kent County (Del.) Family Court Commissioner ruled that he “more likely than not” committed an act of domestic violence against former girlfriend Patricia Driscoll at Dover International Speedway in September.

Sources say Busch agreed to a number of conditions for reinstatement late last week, with NASCAR vice president of Integrated Marketing Communications David Higdon telling NBCSports.com reports today that Busch’s road back was developed by “outside experts: with experience in domestic assault cases.

“One of the things they had advised us from the beginning was… that it was very, very important for us to provide a road back,’’ said Higdon to NBCSports.com’s Dustin Long. “We’re pleased that he has indicated he will begin the program that we have laid out for him.’’

Higdon did not comment on what Busch will be required to do before applying for reinstatement. There is no timetable for him to complete those requirements, but he will remain suspended, pending completion.

Regan Smith will replace Busch in the No. 41 Chevrolet again this weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:53 PM

    Not very helpful info from NASCAR. Even if specifics couldn't be given, certainly they could have provided some idea of his requirements (counseling, testing, etc). But hey, if no specifics are given, its a lot harder for people to hold them accountable, and I'm sure that's what they want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kurt has been given the specifics of his road back, because they're his business. We have not, because they're not.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2:44 PM

    The whole thing still seems troublesome to me. set aside from the he said she said its the whole thing of Kurt has NOT been formally charged with any crime. The hearing was for an order of protection that the burden of proof is very low.. Basically all she had to do is make the allegation. If Kurt was charged with a crime I can understand the action taken.. however I think it could be a slippery slope as to anyone making an allegation and NASCAR makes a suspendion. However it is what it is and the sanctioning body will do as it pleases. Id rather see more consistancy with penalties example Kvapil. He was charged and plead to charges... however no action taken in any way from NASCAR.. I dont feeel Kurt is getting a fair shake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. How is Kvapil alloed to race? Did he go thru this process?

      Delete
    2. That is where the Ray Rice Rule comes in to play.

      Delete
    3. Due to recent events regarding players in the NFL and other major sports, I believe Nascar is trying to be proactive in this case, maybe to a fault, and be beyond reproach. If Busch was a butcher, a baker or,even, a candlestick maker, the repercussions of his actions might be different. But as a driver in Nascar, he's being held to a higher standard, and he should be.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you Dave its not our business .Whats important is that he comes back to racing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:58 PM

    Does anyone else find the timing of the ruling suspicious?

    ReplyDelete