Tuesday, November 12, 2013

LaJoie Set For Homestead Nationwide Start

Richard Petty Motorsports development Driver Corey LaJoie will make his first NASCAR Nationwide Series start at Homestead-Miami Speedway this weekend, driving the No.9 Victory Junction Ford Mustang. Mike Shiplett, current car chief of the No. 9 Sprint Cup team, will be the crew chief and the No. 43 Sprint Cup Series crew will pit the car. 

LaJoie has turned heads in 2013 after making three trips to Victory Lane in just five ARCA Racing Series starts. The wins have showcased the bright future of the 22-year-old who has also competed in the NASCAR K&N East Series and NASCAR Whelen Modified Series before joining the RPM organization earlier this year. Since 2009, LaJoie has 35 starts in the K&N East Series. In those 35 starts, he's accumulated five wins, 17 top-five finishes, 20 top-10 finishes and one pole. LaJoie also has a total of six ARCA starts since 2009, earning a total of three wins and four top-five finishes.  

LaJoie will carry the colors of Victory Junction, a year-round camping facility that serves children, ages 6 to 16, with chronic medical conditions or serious illnesses. During the summer, Victory Junction offers disease-specific sessions with up to 128 children per session. During the fall, winter and spring, family weekends are offered to up to 32 families per weekend. Victory Junction is a member of the SeriousFun Network founded by Paul Newman and is accredited by the rigorous guidelines of the American Camping Association. The camp was found to honor the memory of Adam Petty. 

"I feel really blessed and excited to make my debut at Homestead. I feel like I've been ready for this for a couple of years but finally everything is falling into place. I'm happy it's with a great organization like RPM, and I couldn't be more excited to represent them on and off the race track.  

"I haven't been to Homestead, but it's a fast mile-and-a-half track like Kansas or Chicago. I know the competition will be tougher too. There are a lot of good teams and drivers competing in the Nationwide Series, with RPM being one of them. I'll be able to lean on my RPM teammates, on the Nationwide and Cup level. I'm going to soak it all in. 

"I'm proud to be racing the Victory Junction Ford this weekend. Everyone knows what the camp means to the Petty family. It's an honor for me to be supporting this special place this weekend. It's been a lot of fun so far just getting ready for this race. You know, I'm excited about it. It's going to be good time, and I want to go out and do my best." 

1 comment: