Monday, March 05, 2012

Sadler: Chevy Played No Role In MWR WIthdrawal

Elliott Sadler confirmed to SiriusXM NASCAR Radio’s SiriusXM Speedway with Dave Moody that he will not run five NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for Michael Waltrip Racing this season, despite an announcement last week to the contrary.

Elliott Sadler is staying focused.
“It’s not going to happen,” said Sadler. “After Victory Lane Saturday in Phoenix, Richard Childress called me over to his bus and we had a long heart-to-heart. Richard and his management people at RCR think it’s in our best interest to focus 100% on winning this Nationwide championship, and I agree.”

Sadler said that to his knowledge, published reports that Chevrolet had nixed the deal were untrue. “People have asked me (if Chevrolet had turned thumbs-down), but that was absolutely not brought up in the meeting I had with Richard. Richard has put a lot of effort into building this team, and we’re off to such a good start to the season that we need to put all our eggs in the same basket.

“It was a great honor to be asked to do this by Michael Waltrip, and I appreciate the role Mark Martin played in making it happen, as well. It would have been fun, but I really think we have something special going (on the Nationwide Series) that we need to focus on, 100 percent.


  1. Anonymous4:54 PM

    I really think that Elliott driving only the nationwide races will be a better bet, I have watched him for many years now with the better equipment and no ownership drama he really has what it takes to win.

  2. Brando in WA6:45 PM

    Did Mark Martin just get pegged for another full-time year? He's in the top 10 in points, and looking strong.

  3. Anonymous7:53 PM

    ya but driving a toyota he could bring back info for rcr or chevy

  4. Anonymous3:30 AM

    If I had any respect for RC, it's gone now