Monday, July 09, 2012

Gresham Out At Joe Denette Motorsports

Gresham and JDM part ways
Max Gresham and Joe Denette Motorsports will part ways, effective immediately. 

The mutual decision will end the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series association between the Griffin, GA driver and Kernersville, NC based team after just eight races this season. Gresham's best finish behind the wheel of the No. 24 JDM Chevrolet Silverado this season was 18th at Rockingham Speedway in April. The team posted an average finishing position of 23.8 in their first eight starts together and Gresham is currently 20th in the 2012 NCWTS championship driver point standings.  

"I know everyone expected to do better than that," said Gresham. "The guys at JDM are some of the hardest working I have ever been around, and they did their best to give me great equipment week in and out. Joe is a really, really nice guy and he's dedicated to the sport and his team and committed to making both as good as possible. Honestly, everybody did their best this year. Unfortunately, we just didn't have the results to show for it." 

JDM will continue to campaign the No. 9 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Ron Hornaday, Jr. for the remainder of the 2012 NCWTS season.  

"Obviously, we hate to see Max go, said Denette. "Max has been a great student of the sport with a wealth of natural talent and a friendly personality. Unfortunately, Joe Denette Motorsports was not the right fit for him. We wish Max the best of luck in the future and know without a doubt the young rookie will land on his feet. 

“Joe Denette Motorsports will continue to move forward and compete at a championship level with Ron and the No. 9 team," continued Denette. "I am 110 percent committed to this team. We have made some changes in the last few weeks, but I know that we have the right people in place to contend for wins and hopefully a championship.” 

Gresham, the 2011 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East champion, indicated he and his advisory team are currently weighing other NASCAR opportunities for the remainder of this season and beyond.  

"I'd like to do some more Truck Series races this year, maybe some Nationwide too," Gresham stated. "The big thing will be to stay in the seat and stay as fresh as possible. I know we're going to run some Late Model races for now and continue to do that until we sort out what kind of NASCAR opportunities I have later this year and next season in 2013.

"I know I can do this," said Gresham. "I won the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East championship last year and that didn't get handed to me. I think I have proven to people over the years that I can be competitive and win races. It's just a matter of being in the right situation."


No comments:

Post a Comment