Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Starr Set For 300th Truck Start At Chicagoland


Major milestone for David Starr
When David Starr takes the green flag in the American Ethanol 225 at Chicagoland Speedway Saturday, he will be starting his 300th career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race.  

The driver of the #81 Zachry Toyota has done it all in his 15 full seasons of Truck Series competition, but the Texas native admits that this weekend’s milestone is special.  

"This is a significant accomplishment," said Starr. "I'm proud of what I do and I can't believe I've reached 300 starts. There have been times in my career that I wasn’t sure what the plan was for the weekend, but through the help of a lot of people and sponsors, I've made it here. 

“Ever since I was three years old going to the races with my dad, I wanted to accomplish the dream I'm living today. I'm proud to be a part of the sport of NASCAR. I'm also thankful for all of the team owners and team members who have helped me achieve this milestone. I have a lot more racing left in me, and I wouldn't mind being at the top of the all-time career starts list." 

In his 299 starts to this point, Starr has victories at four different tracks; Las Vegas, Martinsville, Gateway and Phoenix. He has accumulated 47 Top-5 and 115 Top-10 finishes in that 15-year career, completing a total of 45,801 laps, good for 52,147 miles. When the green flag falls Saturday, Starr will rank fifth on the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series’ all-time career starts list.  

Starr says he hopes to accomplish much more in the seasons to come, including another win. 

And then, a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment