Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Chrissy Wallace Off Kansas Roster, After All

Wallace will not run Kansas
An unexpected change in sponsorship status has forced JD Motorsports to cancel plans to field its No. 4 Chevrolet for Chrissy Wallace in this weekend’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Kansas Speedway. 

The team was able to secure an associate partnership with JEGS, but a planned primary partnership did not come through as planned. The team did not want to put Wallace in the car without proper funding,  which would have affected her performance and results.  

Danny Elfand will drive the No. 4 Tradebank Chevrolet in Kansas, instead. 

“We didn’t want to put Chrissy in the car, just to have in the car,” said team owner Johnny Davis. “This would have been a great injustice to go out and do laps, just to say she was racing. We all want this to be something good for her and the team. 

“I know she is greatly disappointed and so are we. There were a lot of people who were cheering her on for this race, but we can’t risk her having a bad showing because of a lack of funds. She’s worked too hard to get this opportunity, and we want to make sure it’s a good one for her that will show off her driving talents.” 

“To say I’m disappointed would be an understatement,” Wallace said. “I wanted to race at Kansas with my dad for JD Motorsports. But I understand their reasoning and we can’t go out there and race without the proper backing. 

“Racing just to race would hurt me more than help what we’re trying to achieve in the long run. If this gives us more time to put together a more solid deal, I’ll just be patient and wait until we have the right deal – which I hope is very soon. 

“It’s just tough being a racer and not racing,” she said. “We’ll just keep working toward our goal to get me back into NASCAR racing.”

1 comment:

  1. I guess that answers my question of what Chrissy been up to...

    ReplyDelete