Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Xxxtreme Motorsport Withdraws From Homestead

John Cohen
After qualifying 34th in their first attempt at NASCAR Sprint Cup Series racing last week at Phoenix International Raceway, Xxxtreme Motorsport owner John Cohen says the team will not make a planned trek to Homestead-Miami Speedway this weekend for the 2012 season finale.

The team’s No. 44 No Label Ford, driven by David Reutimann, finished 40th Sunday in a start-and-park effort. Reutimann is committed to run for Tommy Baldwin Racing this weekend at Homestead, and rather than find a different driver for his fledgling Sprint Cup entry, Cohen opted to pass on this weekend’s race and use the time to continue preparing for the 2013 season.
"We're trying to develop consistency within the program, and that starts with the same driver," Cohen said, adding that he will now focus on locking in a full-time sponsor and driver, deals on which he said he and the team are swiftly closing.


  1. Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

    1. Anonymous8:47 AM

      We don't know, only you can answer the tough questions.

  2. I also have some reservations about this. Didn't look like they had all that bad of a car out in Phoenix, so hopefully they will come back next year. Hear of so many teams that talk the big game and never come back. Hope this isn't one of those groups