Kyle Busch is unlikely to compete in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in 2012, at the request of Joe Gibbs Racing and their Sprint Cup Series sponsor, M&Ms.
After winning six races in 16 Truck Series starts last year, Busch was involved in a controversial crash with championship contender Ron Hornaday at Texas Motor Speedway on Nov. 4. He did not take part in the NCWTS season finale at Homestead Miami Speedway, and M&Ms pulled their sponsorship from his JGR Sprint Cup Series entry for the balance of the season.
“Things change on an hour-by-hour basis,” said Ren today, “but if I had to answer you right now, I’d say he will probably not race in the Truck Series next year. There is a possibility of him running no Nationwide races under certain circumstances, as well. There are a lot of things being discussed right now, which makes it pretty tough on me.
“I believe Kyle will drive a KBM Nationwide Series Toyota in a certain number of races next year,” said Ren. “I can’t swear to it, but that’s what it looks like today.”