NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers scheduled to test at Homestead-Miami Speedway include:
- Hendrick Motorsports: Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Kasey Kahne
- Wood Brothers Racing: Trevor Bayne
- Phil Parsons Racing: Michael McDowell
- Joe Gibbs Racing: Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin and Matt Kenseth
- Michael Waltrip Racing: Clint Bowyer, Elliott Sadler and Martin Truex Jr.
- Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates: Jamie McMurray and Juan Pablo Montoya.
Penske Racing, which fields teams in both the NASCAR Nationwide Series and the Sprint Cup Series, will also test on October 29-30. Nationwide Series championship contender Sam Hornish Jr. and Joey Logano will take part, in advance of the Nationwide Series Ford EcoBoost 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Nov. 16.
“We’re looking forward to hosting teams from all three NASCAR national touring series for this vital test session,” said Homestead-Miami Speedway President Matthew Becherer. “It’ll be great to hear the distinctive roar of stock car engines, and it’ll provide a great preview of the racing we’ll see next month during Ford Championship Weekend. We’re especially excited that the testing is open to the public, and we hope fans in South Florida take advantage of this unique opportunity.”
The test sessions will be open to the public. There is no charge for spectators and viewing areas include Speedway Club and seating areas above the infield garages. Grandstands will open at 9:00 a.m.