Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cassill Out At BK Racing. Reutimann Expected To Drive No. 83 Toyota in 2013

Cassill: "I have no other option."
Landon Cassill has left the BK Racing NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team; a move that will apparently open the door for David Reutimann to take the wheel of the No. 83 Burger King Toyota Camry.

Cassill announced his departure this afternoon, saying, “This is a tough decision, but with one month before the Daytona 500 I have no other option but to leave the #83 BK Racing Toyota and pursue other opportunities. We simply could not close out our 2012 agreement and complete an agreement for 2013.

“I am motivated and driven to find a new opportunity in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series,” said Cassill. “I have proven myself as a championship caliber test driver, an exceptional qualifier and I'd like to continue working towards my goal of becoming a race winner and champion in NASCAR.

“I would like to thank my BK Racing team and especially Burger King and Dr. Pepper for the opportunity to represent such iconic brands,” he said. “I'm looking forward to my next opportunity in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series."

Cassill finished 31st in championship point for the team last season, with a best finish of 18th (three times).

Reutimann tested for BK Racing at Daytona International Speedway last week, and is expected to be back in the No. 83 Toyota later this week at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He made 25 Sprint Cup Series starts for Tommy Baldwin Racing, Phoenix Racing, BK Racing and Xxxtreme Motorsports last season, with a best finish of 11th at Daytona in July.

Travis Kvapil will return to BK Racing’s No. 93 Toyota in 2013.

Photo: Bing Images

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic news for David Reutimann! Not such good news for Landon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubba H3:32 PM

    Must be more to the story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:29 PM

      he didn't get paid for all of 2012.

      Delete