Friday, January 18, 2013

UPDATE: Testing Delayed At Charlotte Motor Speedway

Testing has yet to begin at Charlotte Motor Speedway this morning, due to rain, snow and ice that fell in the area last night. Safety crews are currently working to dry the track, but melting ice behind the speedway’s SAFER barriers continues to run across the racing surface, causing a delay in the scheduled 9 am start.

Cars are now expected to take to the track at approximately 10:30 am ET. NASCAR has not said whether they will extend the afternoon session past its scheduled 5 pm conclusion.

UPDATE: 11:45 am ET -- NASCAR continues to struggle with seepage from behond SAFER barriers in Charlotte Motor Speedway's third turn. Today's test has now been extended until 7:30 PM, with the midday break cancelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment