Friday, May 10, 2013

Bowyer Hopes To Eat The Bones At Darlington

This could end badly...
At some point this weekend at Darlington Raceway Clint Bowyer is almost certain to look into a television camera and say, “I Ate The Bones.”

Bowyer’s No. 15 Toyota will carry Kentucky Fried Chicken’s “I Ate The Bones” paint scheme Saturday night when the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at the 1.366-mile South Carolina track, and with Bowyer’s legendary sense of humor, the possibilities are endless.
Last month, KFC launched its new Original Recipe Boneless chicken, with an accompanying “I Ate the Bones” advertising campaign.
“I ate the bones,” laughed Bowyer today. “I plan to say that about 100 times this weekend at Darlington. We’ve all seen the commercials on television and now we get to carry it on our car. Hopefully I'm eating some Original Recipe Boneless in Victory Lane Saturday night.”
The Michael Waltrip Racing driver is fifth in the 2013 standings and should be one of the favorites Saturday night.  In addition to their sponsorship of Bowyer in Saturday night’s Southern 500, KFC has also launched an “I Ate the Bones” Facebook app and contest, allowing fans to post a photo or video with their best “I Ate the Bones” reaction. Participants can submit entries via Facebook, Twitter, Vine or Instagram and share the submission to encourage friends and family to vote for their entries. Submissions should include the hashtag #iatethebones.
Through June 8, weekly winners will be chosen to receive an “I Ate the Bones” t-shirt and KFC gift checks. Five Grand Prize winners will be selected to receive $1,000 and a chance to be featured in a KFC online or social media advertisement.

No comments:

Post a Comment